In 2008 at BrickCon in Seattle, Washington, I gave a presentation called “Half-Plate Offsets” about some LEGO building techniques that I had discovered and/or developed for thicknesses of 1/2 plate. In 2013, I updated that presentation, adding a bunch more content, and renamed it “Brick Geometry.” I presented it at Bricks by the Bay in Santa Clara, California, as well as BrickCon in Seattle that year, and the following year at Brickworld in Chicago. I have continued to give updated versions of the talk at various LEGO conventions I have attended over the years since then.
In addition, in 2015 I debuted a second talk, “Studs in All Directions.” I gave that talk without any slides at Bricks by the Bay 2015 using some of my models as props without any slides, but for BrickCon that year, I put together a small deck of slides to present along with the models. I updated it further for Bricks by the Bay in 2018. When conventions went online 2020, I combined the two talks; since the “Studs in All Directions” talk relies heavily on in-person demonstration of the techniques using my models, it isn’t as time consuming to present it online. Since then this content has been included in the Brick Geometry talk I have given online at the virtual BrickCon and Bricks by the Bay. I gave an in-person version of the combined presentation at Bricks by the Bay in 2022 as well.
The latest version of the presentation was given online at the October 23, 2022 Zoom meeting for BayLUG. You can watch the recording here:
Be sure to download the PDF of the slides to follow along, as unfortunately the right hand edge of the slides is blocked by Zoom windows for the second half of the presentation.
Here are all the versions of the slides for versions of these talks I have given over the years.
[Latest Update 12/10/2022: added October 2022 BayLUG edition.]
- Combined presentation at October 2022 BayLUG [YouTube] [PDF] (Latest Version)
- Combined presentation at 2022 Bricks by the Bay: [YouTube] [PDF]
- Combined presentation at 2021 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Combined presentation at 2020 BrickCon: [PDF]
- Studs in All Directions at 2018 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2018 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2017 Paredes de Coura (Portugal) Fan Weekend: [PDF]
- Studs in All Directions at 2015 BrickCon: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2015 BrickCon: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2015 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2014 BrickCon: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2014 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2014 Brickworld: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2013 BrickCon: [PDF]
- Brick Geometry at 2013 Bricks by the Bay: [PDF]
- Half-Plate Offsets at 2008 BrickCon: [PDF]